8/3/12

foodie friday: fig & olive

The New York based Fig & Olive claimed its West Coast spot on Melrose Place a few months ago, and I'd been hearing nothing but great things about it ever since.  Especially after one of my co-workers told me it was her favorite restaurant in L.A., I knew it would be the perfect spot to celebrate my birthday.

Lounge seating complete with crisp white pillows contribute to the elegant interior of Fig & Olive, which was full of patrons the evening my girlfriends and I dined there.  We had a lovely set up at the 50-foot tasting bar--which had seating on both sides to ensure everyone could chat.  Happy Hour was immaculate--although priced a bit higher than other happy hours in the city, the restaurant offered many of their most popular items and didn't skimp on the number of choices.  The chef created crazy-amazing (awesome adjective, I know) flavor combinations in all the dishes we tried, and had all of us exclaiming at the table.

To top it off, our server was absolutely lovely--she was friendly and accommodating from start to finish.  Even when she got busy during the dinner rush, she was always tending to the needs of our 13-person group.

Not To Be Missed:
Food- crostinis (manchego, fig, marcona almond; prosciutto, ricotta, fig, olive, walnut; shrimp, avocado, cilantro, tomato), cheese plate, zucchini carpaccio, apertivo plate, sea scallops with truffle artichoke tapenade
Cocktails- piscine, sangria blanca, rotari riserva brut

Just writing about it makes my taste buds crave the crostinis again...I have a feeling I'll be visiting again very soon! Happy Friday, everyone.  I took the day off today and am spending the day with Jasmine.  Birthday surprises make for a great start to the weekend, am I right?
xx

Photos via fig & olive

No comments:

Post a Comment