4/23/12

breakfast for one

Making breakfast for one person is quite the challenge.  I always had roomates in college, and we often slept past breakfast time.  Whenever I first moved to L.A. and was living alone, I was so broke I often stuck with cereal or whatever crumbs were left in my pantry.  Now that I have the luxury of living with roomates again, and also spend many weekends with the beau, breakfasts are quite the spectacle.  There have been many times when we all prepare a giant feast with more food than we can possibly consume in one sitting (although that doesn't stop us from trying).

But this weekend I was flying solo.  My roomates ventured into the desert for Coachella, and my boyfriend was coaching in Long Beach.  So when Sunday morning came and I felt my stomach rumble, I had no one to help me decide what to make or help me make it.  Luckily, I stumbled upon this recipe a few weeks ago and I've been dying to try it out.  The best part is that it looks fancy but it's actually very simple and filling.

Pesto Potato Egg Bake
What you'll need:
- 1 medium sized potato
- 2 eggs
- pesto
- blue cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic
- salt + pepper
- basil

Here's what you do:
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- scrub and thinly slice potatoes
- toss potato slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- add crushed garlic
- cook potatoes over medium until just cooked
- spoon in the pesto and toss to coat evenly
- put potato mixture in ramekin
- bake for 5-10 minutes until crisp (I baked mine for 10 min.)
- top with eggs and cheese
- bake until eggs set
- top with lightly fried basil leaves (just pour a bit of oil in a pan and throw the basil in for a minute or two on medium heat)


Enjoy!
xx

*Recipe originally found via Wit & Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment