3/15/12

travel uniform

After my mini-getaway last weekend and booking a trip for June, travel is in the forefront of my mind lately.  I've been traveling more over the past couple years, and so I've discovered the best and worst things to wear while on-the-go. 

Now that I'm in the "real world," I feel silly wearing sweatpants while traveling.  Sure, it's comfortable, and I tend to always put comfort first, but it's also incredibly impractical when you land and are headed straight to meet family or friends.  Personally, I don't think "bum" qualifies as a great trend.  Recently I've developed a travel uniform that's both comfortable and presentable. That's a win-win in my book.

1. A relaxed, light sweater or t-shirt--this serves as a base for everything else. You want to choose something that's easier to layer with because temperatures on planes are so unpredictable!
2. Comfortable jeans with good stretch
3. Cozy scarf--bonus if you can find one large enough to double as a blanket.
4. Good shoes--I find the best travel shoes cover your entire foot, are comfortable (obviously), and are easy to run around in, yet still look a bit dressy for an overall polish.
5. Watch--so you'll always be on time.
6. A large, quality carry-on bag--mine needs to be big enough to carry all the necessities (including snacks).
7. Lipstick--I always try to bring a colored lipstick so as to freshen my look upon arrival, that way I'm not spending extra time in the bathroom trying to primp (ignore the photo for this one).

If you have a light jacket (maybe a trench like this one) that could be a great key piece as well.
Happy jet-setting!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment