6/1/12

foodie friday: sonoma salad

Happy Friday, everyone! It's a sunny, warm day here in SoCal, and days like these always have me craving a light, tasty summer salad.  I've shared one of my favorite salads before, but here's another one I've been making as of late: Sonoma salad.  I originally tried this heavenly combination at M Street Kitchen, one of my favorite spots for dining and spending happy hour in L.A. The restaurant's version contains butter lettuce, beets, asparagus, and goat cheese--I typically also add seared ahi tuna for a little heartiness.

But ever since I ate my weight in beets as a child, I have no desire to touch them ever again.  So I adapted it a bit to create my own version of the Sonoma salad.

Sonoma salad
What you'll need:
-Greens of your choice
-2-3 stalks chopped asparagus
-Goat cheese, crumbled
-Meat of your choice (grilled chicken or tuna would be best)
-Dressing of your choice (raspberry vinaigrette is mine)

Feel free to throw in some beets or whatever else strikes your fancy (I bet nuts would be a great addition). This salad is great for a light lunch, and not only does it taste like a summer day should, but it will also help ensure you're still able to feel comfortable in that little bikini afterward!

I also want to note that this is my 100th post! This has been such an incredibly journey and I can't wait to see how far this blog comes in the next 100. Have a great weekend, my friends. Thank you so much for reading!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment