6/26/12

inspired

Do you ever have those weeks that just sneak up on you? I blinked and suddenly it's almost July.  And I'm still trying to figure out how it happened.  I expected this week to be a slower one, but much to my pleasant surprise a lot of meetings and events have popped up for work--with some time for fun too.  I love when weeks balance out like that.  Here's some inspiration to help you coast through to the weekend.
photo via sincerely jules
 Julie's breezy + laid-back style. I've never seen someone pull off neon so effortlessly.
photo via cup of jo
 I'd happily wear this around L.A. like it's my job.
photo via j-crew
I have been eying this green beauty ever since the Spring J-Crew catalog arrived on my doorstep.  Oh, how you taunt me you gorgeous bag, you.
image via could i have that
An interesting, summery twist on ice-cream sandwiches. The best part is that it's so simple, even non-bakers (read: I) could recreate them.
photo by jamie beck and kevin burg
A stunning Moroccan-inspired fashion shoot styled by the uber-talented Kelly Framel.
photo via popsugar
My new obsession--West Elm.  I've seen beautiful pieces of furniture and trinkets from the store online, but I never knew L.A. had one! Thanks to Jasmine for introducing me to a world of luxurious bedding and decor (with reasonable prices, I might add). I've already picked up a few things for a couple projects...hopefully they're done soon so I can share!
photo by Jim Shi via bizbash
While attending Stella McCartney's Resort 2013 collection preview would be amazing in and of itself, the carnival-inspired elements really made this event unique.  This mac 'n' cheese station is easily one of the most creative food setups I've ever seen.  Guests could snag a mini serving wrapped in a spinach cone from the ferris wheel, or build-their-own full cups with veggie bacon bits, truffle oil, jalapenos, scallions, or siracha sauce.  Needless to say, this has my wheels turning for future work events.

I hope everyone is having an inspired and productive week so far!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment