9/12/12

date night

[bebe dress, target heels and jacket, asos clutch {similar here}, gifted kendra scott necklace {similar here}, michael kors watch, david yurman bracelet, ring- boutique in la jolla, ca, polo ralph lauren glasses]



When I was in high school, I was often asked if I was a model.  Literally the only reason this ever happened is because I was rail thin and incredibly flat-chested, so I never really took it as a compliment. Once I grew up a bit and gained some weight, my body fluctuated a little here and there. It was a bit of an awkward transition, but overall I'm pretty happy with what I've got goin' on for the time being.  But I'll clear the air and say people don't really ask me that question anymore.  The reason I'm sharing this tidbit is because I realized it's a good thing I never decided to make modeling a life goal as apparently I contort my face the second a camera appears. Exhibit A: photo 1.

Also, note to self to grab some sunglasses when taking photos before the sun sets. I guess we really do learn something new every day.

It's been a crazy/hectic/stressful couple weeks, so I was incredibly grateful to snag some time with the beau last weekend for a date.  A real date where we got gussied up and drove across town.  We ventured to A.O.C. for some wine and then turned right back around for home, where we sipped wine of our own and grilled steaks.  A pretty perfect night in my book.
I hope everyone is having a great week!
xo

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love!
    XO,
    -Kendra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank you for making such beautiful pieces :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. love the outfit! and that sounds fantastic! I may just have to do the "gussied up" thing with my man soon! :)

    ReplyDelete