2/13/12

honey dijon salmon

There was possible drooling on my part when I saw this recipe. This is definitely on my radar! Lately I've been on the hunt for new recipes that aren't too difficult and this one definitely fits the bill. I'm hoping to give it a try within the next couple of weeks.
photo courtesy of the effortless chic
Honey Dijon Salmon
What you'll need:
-1/2-1 lb. salmon filet
-2 tbl maple syrup
-1 tsp honey
-1 tbl dijon mustard
-1/2 cup orange juice
-2 tbl brown sugar

1. Place washed and dried salmon filet in a small, shallow baking dish. Add all ingredients. Lightly rub filet to make sure it is covered equally with all ingredients...especially the dijon mustard. Cover and refrigerate for 1-12 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Remove salmon from the refrigerator and transfer the marinated filet to a lightly oiled pan. Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your filet.

This would be phenomenal over quinoa, as Jen suggests, or rice and veggies. Not only does this sound delicious and filling, but also pretty healthy! Lord knows I could use that.  Living with skilled bakers is both a blessing and a curse, my friends.
Happy Monday everyone!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment