1/27/12

layering fever

[sweater, leather jacket, & faux fur vest c/o target, gifted skinny jeans {i can't remember the brand, it's canadian i believe}, wedge booties c/o buffalo exchange, michael kors rose gold watch, david yurman bracelet, brandy melville bow ring, hobo leather clutch, aviators purchased from santa monica farmers market]





People constantly lie about L.A. weather.  If anyone has ever told you it's 75 degrees all year, they are lying to you.  Most days are relatively warm, but at night the temperature is known to drop some 20 degrees (even in the middle of summer, and especially if you live near the water like I do). So I have learned to layer, layer, layer--especially this time of year when the weather is so unpredictable.

I wore this to a work event last week.  I love how comfortable, warm, and casual I was, yet the outfit still felt appropriate to wear to a function.  Comfort always wins in my book.  More importantly, all these layers concealed the mass amounts of food I consumed prior to said event...obviously, my priorities are in order.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Despite what I said above, it's actually about 80 degrees here this weekend so if you need me, I'll be at the beach. Don't worry, I'll take pictures.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment