3/22/13

foodie friday: the fat cow

The Grove was the first mall I ever visited in L.A. and I instantly fell in love. Not only did I love that it was outdoors, but the space has such a vibrancy about it. Between the slew of amazing shops, the fountain show, and the concerts or fashion shows randomly happening in the middle of it all, I didn't think it could get any better.

Enter The Fat Cow, a charming rustic eatery created by world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay.  The newly-opened hub offers an array of classic + modern comfort foods crafted with fresh ingredients from local farmers and the Farmer's Market (which is adjacent to The Grove). I've only been a couple times so far, and I can already tell this will be a go-to spot. Bonus: it's super close to my office.

 Brussels sprouts pizza with pancetta
 Can you spot me? :)
Market salad + Fat Cow cheeseburger with bacon jam (love the branding on the bun!)

Along with the excellent food, I've been relatively impressed with the service thus far. The staff is all incredibly friendly and make you feel special, even if you're just walking through the restaurant.

Not To Be Missed
Brussels sprout pizza, Fat Cow cheeseburger (you must add the bacon jam--I wasn't sure what it was, but the server sold me on it and it was smokey, sweet, and perfection), market salad

On my next visit, I'll have to try the lobster mac 'n' cheese, obviously. Also, I've been averting my eyes from their dessert bar because of Lent, but everything looks absolutely incredible. It will definitely be one of my first stops after Easter. If you're in L.A. you should definitely check this place out! It's the perfect spot for a quick and easy lunch, especially if you can sit near the fountain on the patio.
Happy Friday, loves!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment