12/13/11

artisan house

Last week I had the pleasure of attending the press party for the grand opening of Artisan House, a new restaurant smack-dab in the middle of Downtown LA.  I was sent by my web editor to write a story about the venue--which is not only a restaurant, but also has a full market.

I didn't know much about this place before my arrival, except their slogan: Break Bread. Share Wine. Feed the Soul. These people really know how to get me.

tuna tar-tar appetizer with the magic ingredient: pistachios

margherita flatbread 





My friend Holli and I sipped on delicious wine, including this amazing Ruta 22 Malbec from Argentina (don't worry, that isn't my hand holding the bottle).  We also enjoyed all--and I do mean all--the tray-passed hors d'oeuvres floating through the room.  My favorite was a flatbread smothered with goat cheese, caramelized onions and Juniper bacon.  I never knew that three ingredients could taste so good.

I also had the honor of meeting both the owner and the executive chef, Jason Ryczek, whose passion for fresh, seasonal food not only came through during our discussion, but in every single appetizer I tried. The best part is he uses very few ingredients, which I think sets Artisan House apart from other LA restaurants I've been to (seriously, how many things can you put in one salad?).

After visiting, I'm dying to go back and sit down for a full dinner.  Now if only I had the dough for one of their four-course tastings...

If you're wondering what I wore to the event, check it out here.  What can I say-- when I discover an outfit I like, I tend to keep wearing it. Have a great week!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment