4/26/13

foodie friday: sotto

This week we celebrated my friend Lizz's birthday (and her upcoming move + promotion!) at Sotto in Beverly Hills. I'd been hearing great things about the quaint Southern Italian restaurant since I moved to L.A., but it was my first time visiting.

Sitting down at the lovely rustic table, I was a little nervous considering I couldn't understand a single wine on their expansive list (I couldn't tell you a single word of Italian), but luckily the sommelier had some great recommendations for us. Since we had a decent-sized group, I got to try quite a few things on the menu, which as you all know by now is my favorite way to dine. Every single thing I tried was out of this world--easily the best Italian food I've had. From handmade pastas and Neapolitan pizzas to a fluffy frittata, Sotto is certain to hit the spot for Italian lovers.





photos 1,2,3 + 5 via//photo 4 by me
Not To Be Missed:
small plates: baby kale and ricotta frittata, fava bean bruschetta
entrees: spaghetti, margherita pizza, whole wheat capunti
dessert: bittersweet chocolate crostata
+ obviously wine, but that's a given!

If you don't eat authentic Italian food often, this menu puts you outside of your comfort zone. There are multiple items, specifically the pastas, containing some sort of liver. I'll admit it was a bit off-putting at first, but I didn't try a single dish I didn't like. I ordered the Margherita pizza, and (as my former editor Kathryn assured me beforehand) it was the best in the city. If you're looking for a pizza or pasta fix, get your booty to Sotto. And call to invite me.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment