12/11/12

heidi merrick

When I first started at the mag as an editorial intern, I was enamored with the personal style of several stylish co-workers.  Specifically, my former editor Sari (who's now at the awesome fashion/outdoor mag Foam).  This amazing gal has an an extremely covetable collection of handbags, jewelry, and clothes--but more impressive than that is her ability to effortlessly put these pieces together.  Her style is a perfect combination of laid-back and structured.  So naturally, when she walked in the office one day wearing an incredible ruffled maxi skirt, I had to know who made it.

Enter Heidi Merrick: an LA-based designer who captures the ideal amount of California cool factor in her high-end collection.  All of her pieces are handmade in Heidi's downtown studio with quality fabrics, creating a luxe look + feel to the entire collection.

I've been a fan of Heidi Merrick ever since I first laid eyes on her Fall 2010 collection, but I'm even more smitten after visiting the studio for the gift + sample sale over the weekend and meeting Heidi herself.


Browsing all the pieces from past seasons was such a great way to see how Heidi's collection evolved each year, while still maintaining her unique design aesthetic.  Also, how amazing is her inspiration board? [Excuse the iPhone snaps...a big bag that holds a camera+ shopping don't really go together in my world]

You can find Heidi Merrick's collections in select boutiques, or on her website.  I'll be sharing the pieces I scooped up soon. Which are your favorites? I for one simply can't choose!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment